Vicente has a background in business intelligence in addition to his web development experience. He has done a lot of web front end development work. Vicente has developed processes that will clean and prepare data for report and dashboard generation. Ha has done work for General Electric including working with a variety of stakeholders across six countries where he focused on data governance and project management activities. His motivation is finding the value in technology by generating meaningful value for users and companies. Vicente looks at technology as a way to solve complex problems. And like many millennials, he sees technology as a way to bring people together and to promote the greater good for society in general.
- At ITESM, he was selected as the Marketing Director for the International Symposium of Information Technology and Computer Systems (SISCTI), for its 39th edition, gathering around 350 attendees conformed by industry experts, uber geeks and others. (http://www.siscti.com/)
- At General Electric, Vicente worked as part of the Data Governance team in a project for the Energy Management (EM) business. The project aimed to increase the data accuracy in the Financial Dashboard of the business, which was used by EM business owners. As an intern, he assisted the project manager by tracking tasks and taking them to completion, arranging meetings with operational and strategic teams from Brasil, India, UK, Spain, China, United States, Canada, to help them understand the impact of their data and work together.
- Bunge Global Employee Portal. After one month spent in training, Vicente joined the Bunge team to help develop nice-to-have features and correcting styles, using IBM WCM and Portal.
- Honda Research Institute (HRI). After spending around 3 weeks in Bunge, Vicente was assigned full time to the HRI team. People at HRI wanted a portal where they could leverage the sensor data gathered by the recording sessions they did on their automobiles. The project seemed challenging since he had to learn how to use Angular2, d3.js, Typescript, Bootstrap and SASS.
- SQL Server (SS) Management Studio
- SS Reporting Services
- SS Analysis Services
- SS Integration Services
- Angular 2
- COBIT5 Foundation certification. He is currently planning on getting a scrum certification as well to better work in scrum projects and learning about the advantages if such methodology.
- He has earned a B.S. in Business Informatics degree with a Business Analytics diploma from Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM).
- He has also graduated in the top 10% of his class and as an ALPHA (Advanced Learning Program For High Achievement) member.
- Watching TV series
- Playing tennis
- Trying out new foods
- Wine tasting
- Playing videogames
- Business Intelligence
- Front-end development
- Anywhere with nature (beautiful scenery)