Margarita is a talented software developer, but prior to discovering her passion for software development, she worked as head of the biomedical engineering department in a hospital located in Monterrey. That experience she credits to building her problem solving skills as well as her ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve very complex problems. She is used to working under pressure and thrives on it.
- University of Bristol: Developed a web application that effectively communicated medication risks, using tangible medicine boxes that interacted with data visualization, to improve self-medication. This application was built using Angular 2, D3js, and medication information provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Honda Research Institute, Automated back-end processes for the web application developed by the HRI team using distributed computing methods. This application supports Honda’s research in assisted driving technologies.
- Hardware: Arduino, PIC18.
- Graphic design: Inkscape, GIMP.
- Spanish (native).
- English (fluent).
- French (basic).
- MSc in Computer Science with distinction from the University of Bristol.
- Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering with honors from the Monterrey Institute of Technology (ITESM).
Margarita enjoys reading, watching and practicing sports (mainly tennis and soccer), photography, traveling, and watching movies and series.