Benjamin is a highly skilled and highly respected developer within the Base22 community. He has more than ten years of experience working with web and desktop applications.
He develops enterprise web content management solutions that leverage his broad and deep understanding of a variety of technology platforms with his primary focus being J2EE platforms including IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM Web Content manager. Benjamin uses technology to solve his client’s business problems. He is actively engaged in managing all aspects of a project including day-to-day project management activities.
His industry experience includes: automotive, telecommunications, financial services, stock management, education, and retail.
- Re-design of Base22 website.
- SATBook Connections 5.0 solution from Mexico Federal Government .
- PEPSICO Global Portal Strategy.
- PacificLife Portal migration / support and re-design.
- UPS Migration to portal 8/Support.
- UPS Translations, from Portal use a provider translations service.
- Cannon public portal, one of the first DDC implementations with Connections and Portal.
- Shift and MyShift migration, support custom development made for CEMEX moving to Connections 5 and Portal 8.5.
- CEMEX Customer Centricity movile app that promote new cooperative sales strategy.
- CEMEX WCM Portal Support
- CEMEX OTM-SIM, Top Management and CEO Mobile App that concentrate sales and production strategy data.
- Various CEMEX WCM/Connections customization and Mobile Applications.
- Custom J2EE Application development and support for ITESM on of the most prestigious schools in LATAM.
- Carbon LDP Development concept, a killer implementation for Semantic Web.
Project experience prior to joining Base22:
- Redesign of main website of Puebla State Government: http://puebla.gob.mx
- Portal for transparency in Government of Puebla State: http://transparencia.puebla.gob.mx
- New website for services for citizens: http://tramitapue.puebla.gob.mx
- More than ~50 websites for dependencies and entities of Puebla State Government: http://transparencia.puebla.gob.mx/sujetoobligado.html
- Apache and Zabbix configuration.
- MySQL databases servers.
- Front-end technologies, libraries and frameworks: HTML5, CSS2, CSS3, XHTML 1.0, XML, JSON, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, jQuery UI, Gulp.js.
- CSS Preprocessors: SASS/SCSS, Stylus, LESS.
- Back-end technologies, libraries and frameworks: Node.js, PHP, J2EE (Struts, Spring, Jackson), Apache Solr.
- SQL & NoSQL Database Management Systems and related software: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle, DB2.
- MVC Frameworks & Content Management Systems: IBM® Web Content Manager, Connections, WordPress.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, GNU/LINUX (Debian, K/Ed/Ubuntu, Mandriva, PC Linux OS, Fedora, Linux Mint, Arch Linux, OpenSuse, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Mac OSX, Chrome OS.
- Security and server tools: Advanced knowledge of Linux Servers Management. IP-Tables, Netstat, Zabbix, Apache configuration, MySQL configuration.
- Java(TM) Certified Java Associate (SCJA).
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer.
- Connections 5
- General human interests: reading, music and movies.
- Chess, domino.
“A great developer must to be open to all technology options and not get married to any single approach”