Andrew Doak consults at all stages of the software design lifecycle (SDLC), working with members of the requirements (business analysts & modelers), marketing and design, development, quality assurance, and delivery teams to ensure the finished solution is aligned with user needs.
He has managed teams of 30+ hybrid user experience designer/developers based out of the US, India, Philippines, Mexico, Canada, and England who supported multiple clients, both internal and external.
- Created a new methodology around capturing requirements and optimizing the SDLC to reduce project ambiguity. The new methodology was the foundation of the UST Visual Engineering Practice.
- Consulted with a soft-drink market leader around social media customer engagement and the impact of consumer-voice on buying trends.
- Identified and corrected a user experience process discrepancy which increased input efficiencies by 50% for a leading Healthcare provider.
- Launched leading Tax Solutions provider’s first iPhone app; ranked #1 free tax application upon launch; Apple promoted as a featured download on iTunes.
- Redesigned user flows for large consulting firm’s internal iPad communication application to enhance secure global delivery of internal announcements.
- Optimized the experience and interface of a legacy application used by leading global Entertainment company. Our version resulted in swifter adoption, reduced need for change management training, and promoted ease of use.
- Creative and visual lead for both hrblock.com & taxcut.com for three tax seasons. Each property increased unique visitors and higher conversion rates year over year.
- Consulted, created and built initial requirements, user flows, taxonomy, wireframes, simulations and final design assets for an industry-changing application used by a large Toy Manufacturer.
- Creative lead for building a mobile mortgage application simulation which allowed users to apply for and be approved by a leading Banking organization.
- Designed, collaborated and executed a mobile leadership portal / dashboard for a leading Tax & Auditing firm designed for handheld and tablet devices.
- User Experience lead on wiki migration and taxonomy review to ensure employees, partners and third party vendors could successfully and securely access, share and add content for a leading Consumer Goods client.
- Consulted and provided user experience methodology for establishing a new Center of Excellence (CoE) for a leading Grocery chain with a focus on improved digital Point of Sale (POS).
- Built conceptual model and simulation for a leading Auto Rental company which would allow customers real-time access to pick-up time, locations and global airport navigation to improve customer experience.
- Designed, built and oversaw video production for a global conference promo-reel for a global Tax & Auditing firm.
- Creative lead successfully redesigning a US Agency’s brand, identity, collateral, conference materials and responsive web experience in under three months.
- Consulted on a new ecommerce mobile experience for a European Pharmacy chain to ensure the creative provided by the agency-of-record was constructed to allow users the best possible experience. Adjustments were made to streamline the purchase process and registered / new user signup.
- Practice and creative lead to enhance user adoption for an SAP Personas system leveraged by a global Construction firm. Introduced a methodology for a new user experience CoE.
- Conducted multiple user workshops which resulted in the creation of a new internal communication system for a global Soft Drink manufacturer. The final simulation was showcased at an annual leadership conference where attendees interacted with the new system on iPhones and iPads. We received glowing feedback and continued project support.
- Team/Organizational Leadership
- Interactive Best Practices
- Thought Leader
- New Business Sales
- New Business Proposals
- Original Proposal Creation
- Vendor Management
- Global Website Architecture
- Analytics Auditing
- Website Structure Analysis
- New Media Integration
- CRM Systems
- CMS Structuring
- Agnostic Technology Consulting
- Infrastructure Optimization
- Usability Workshop Consulting
- Website Design Strategy
- Integrated Marketing Solution
- User Voice Best Practices
- Social Media Marketing
- User Experience Design
- Visual Communication
- Content Audit and Analysis
- Interactive Design
- Application Design
- SEO/SEM/IYP Implementation
- Campaign Monitoring
- Mobile Design
- Mobility User Experience
- Frostburg State University (Maryland): Fine Art
- Rochester Institute of Technology / RIT (Rochester, NY): Advertising Photography with Concentration in Digital Media
- Classic Auto Restoration
- Bill Doak Baseball Cards
- Graphic Novels
- Sharp Shooting
- Film / Television
- User Experience
- Education / Mentoring
- The Ocean
- Never Standing Still