Prior to joining Base22, Alysson Franklin was the UX and IA Lead for IBM and Head of UX from Netshoes, the largest sporting goods retailer in the world. He specializes in Interaction Design, Usability, Information Architecture and Mobile. His focus is on delivering measurable business results for his clients. Alysson regularly consults with senior executives who are looking to transform their organization’s digital experience.
At Base22 he’s responsible for driving the creation of the Design and Usability practice and for creating world-class Information Architecture (IA) models for Base22 clients. His IA approach and strategy accounts for a multitude of information flows from regular portals to multi-channel digital experiences. Alysson’s has conducted numerous user experience engagements across a variety of industries including Finance, Retail, Sportainment and Air Cargo.
- Led the Design & the implementation of a Mobile Strategy for the largest insurance company in Mexico, being responsible for a 0.8M USD in savings with the Sales Executives team.
- Led the User Experience and the Information Architecture in the biggest transformation project in a financial institution in the world for the 2nd largest bank in Mexico.
- Created the Academic Initiative partnership for User Experience matters with the greatest Universities in Mexico, delivering pro-bono projects into the Corporate Citizenship & Corporate Affairs program for NGO’s like CEMEFI and Government institutions like the City of Sonora, the State of Jalisco and the State of Baja California.
- Led the IBM Studio in Mexico City over 2 years being responsible for all UX/IA pipeline and also managing his team and the delivery as well. He also was responsible for the Design Thinking revolution in Mexico operations.
- Led the User Experience branch for the IBM CIO Lab as an UX Architect and People & Delivery Manager for 2 years.
- Led the Web Content Center of Competency as the User Experience & Information Architecture Manager in IBM GBS for more than 3 years. Over this period he was in charge of the overall Information Architecture for the IBM w3 GBS Intranet, and also the Usability tests from a wide range of users. Alysson was also responsible for the career development of his 33 direct employees.
- Supported the IBM GBS Application Services as an Enterprise Web Developer for almost 4 years supporting projects like the IBM SmartMarket team as an Information Architect, with the IBM Small & Medium Business Center as Usability & Accessibility Consultant.
- Supported as a front-end engineer other financial institutions in Brazil like Itau, Sicredi and Ambima – the Brazilian Financial and Capital Markets Association
- Led the insourcing efforts in Netshoes to create the UX/IA practice, for all Latin America, being responsible to deliver almost 2.8M USD in revenue only with UX campaigns considering sales in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico.
- Led the sustain activities for the businesses operations for Mexico and Argentina branches in Netshoes, supporting ecommerce sites like NBA, UFC & NFL for Latin America, the Mexican Football Federation, the Brazilian Football Confederation and more than 15 websites for the biggest soccer teams in Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.
- Created the strategy from an UX/IA perspective and was responsible to the implementation of a platform upgrade – from Elastic Path to Oracle ATG in Netshoes.
- Created and delivered some innovative campaigns for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, like the Netshoes Vending Machine.
- Supported the UX community, sharing knowledge about Web Development & Interaction Design in talks & web blogs supporting startups and mentoring students as a volunteer with the Techstars’ Startup Weekend team.
- Supported the W3C Brazil Chapter being one of the founding members of the Accessibility Working Group, supporting WCAG 2.0 standards in Brazil and Section 508 adherence into the United States.
- Member of the Information Architect Institute and a Country Coordinator for Mexico World Information Architecture Day.
- At IBM he worked with the Websphere® stack mostly focused on IBM WebSphere® Portal, IBM WebSphere® Content Management and the IBM WebSphere® Multichannel Bank Transformation Toolkit.
Alysson Franklin earned his B.A in Management Information Systems with a specialization in Interaction Design. He also holds an UX Master from the Nielsen Norman Group, one of the top certification programs for UX professionals being the only one that holds 4 different specializations in the world: Interaction Design, User Research, UX Management and Mobile Design.
- CIW® v5 Associate Starting November 2009
- CIW® Professional Starting November 2009
- CIW® v5 Site Designer Starting November 2009
- CIW® E-Commerce Designer Starting November 2009
- ITIL®v3 Associate License 2088692_20079616
- NN/g UX Master Certification License 1010601 Starting October 2015