Alex is an experienced technology professional. He has the ability to take complex business needs and translate them into a solution using modern web technologies while focusing on the user experience as well as overall system performance. He has conducted numerous workshops and led the development and delivery of many training courses for his Base22 team members as well as developers and engineers from across Latin America.
Prior to joining Base22 he was part of the Web Innovation and Technology Department in Puebla State Government in Mexico; he was responsible for managing and developing solutions based on open source frameworks and content management systems. He was also engaged in server configurations and security analysis and design.
His background includes:
- Web Technologies: Semantic Web (RDF, OWL), MVC Frameworks (Laravel, CakePHP, CodeIgniter). Open Source Content Management Systems: (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla). IBM Technologies: IBM Web Content Manager®, IBM Portal®. Front-end Technologies and libraries: jQuery, Angular, Task Runners (Gulp.js, Grunt), NPM, CSS3, HTML5, mobile web, Web Servers (Nginx, Apache), Application Servers (Tomcat, IBM WebSphere Application Server®), UNIX-like Operating Systems, and,
- Research: Complex Systems (Cellular Automata in specific), Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics and Computer Simulation to create computer models of living.
- Re-design of Base22 website
- MyTeamKFC portal for employees and franchise owner of Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Implementation of the Enterprise Portal Blueprint at Base22
- Integration of Yum! OwnYourHealth portal for YUM Brands
- Backend services (RESTful API) for mobile applications for the CNH Industrial Global Dealer Portal, using Apache Solr, Spring MVC and Java EE.
- Backend REST services to populate the CEMEXpedia navigation (CEMEX), using Spring MVC, Hibernate and Java EE.
- A PDF exporter Java application to generate PDF documents using the IBM® Web Content Manager 8 API and JRC repositories (KFC).
- Java Proxy to consume external services for the Parts Support Dashboard (CNH Global Dealer Portal).
- Front-end application to display the Parts Support Dashboard (CNH Global Dealer Portal).
- WPS TRICARE Beneficiaries portal (© 2016 Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation).
- WPS TRICARE Beneficiaries Overseas portal (© 2016 Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation).
- WPS MEDICARE Portal (© 2016 Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation).
- Single Page Application to visualize data streams and recording sessions for autonomous driving. Honda Research Institute USA, Inc. (HRI-US).
Project experience prior to joining Base22:
- Redesign of main website of Puebla State Government: http://puebla.gob.mx
- Portal for transparency in Government of Puebla State: http://transparencia.puebla.gob.mx
- New website for services for citizens: http://tramitapue.puebla.gob.mx
- More than ~50 websites for dependencies and entities of Puebla State Government: http://transparencia.puebla.gob.mx/sujetoobligado.html
- Apache and Zabbix configuration.
- MySQL databases servers.
- Front-end technologies, libraries and frameworks: HTML5, CSS2, CSS3, XHTML 1.0 Strict, VRML, OWL, RDF (semantic web), XML, JSON, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, jQuery UI, JSLint, Modernizr, Angular 2, Gulp.js, Grunt, NPM.
- CSS Preprocessors: SASS/SCSS, Stylus, LESS.
- Back-end technologies, libraries and frameworks: Node.js (Express.js), PHP (Laravel, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony), Java (Struts 1, Spring MVC, JAXB, Jackson, JSoup, iText), Apache Solr.
- Graphic libraries: OpenGL.
- Design and Multimedia Software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Corel Draw.
- SQL & NoSQL Database Management Systems and related software: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB.
- Business Intelligence tools: Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, Java Pentaho.
- MVC Frameworks & Content Management Systems: IBM® Web Content Manager, Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, Moodle, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Symfony.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, GNU/LINUX (Debian, K/Ed/Ubuntu, Mandriva, PC Linux OS, Fedora, Linux Mint, Arch Linux, OpenSuse, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Mac OSX.
- Security and server tools: Advanced knowledge of Linux Servers Management. IP-Tables, Netstat, Zabbix, Apache configuration, MySQL configuration.
- Java(TM) Certified Java Associate (SCJA).
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer.
- C2040-928: Developing Websites Using IBM Web Content Manager 8.0.
- Screencaster by passion, https://www.youtube.com/user/aarriagamx/
- Saxophone Alto enthusiast.
- Reader of scientific articles about computer sciences and their applications to Medicine and Biology.
- Blogger: http://www.alex-arriaga.com
- Github: https://github.com/alex-arriaga
- Article: Artifice: virtual cities builder by using cellular automata. International Congress of Technological Innovation, december 2010.