Xavier is the lead IT and infrastructure architect for Base22, overseeing internal efforts in the initiatives of productivity systems, telecommunications solutions, network infrastructure and business continuity.
Xavier has over 20 years of experience in the field of software engineering, developing solutions for the areas of human resources, executive career development, strategic planning and e-commerce among diverse industries, including agriculture, health and transportation.
- Led the design and development of the search feature for the B2B portal of a global construction and agriculture equipment company, serving more than 8,000 partners and over 70,000 unique users in 11 different languages. The solution integrates a custom application with an Apache Solr engine and IBM WCM.
- Solution architect in the development and implementation of a global agriculture equipment manufacturer’s intranet. This web content management system and corporate portal was built on Microsoft SharePoint Server, and is available in 16 languages for more than 17,000 users.
- Led the implementation of a workflow automation system at a state-level government agency, with the purpose of tracking a specific population’s health-care benefits. The system is used by various call-center teams and features real-time escalation strategies, triggering of communications for outreach and reporting.
- Led the engineering efforts during the design and proof of concept phases of the new-generation intranet portal for a multinational building materials company. The solution integrates IBM WebSphere Portal, WCM and Connections.
- Lead developer of an enterprise-class B2B web application for a global HR management and assessment firm.
Skills and Expertise
- Software engineering
- Design and development for mobile platforms
- Web content management systems
- Networking and infrastructure
- IBM Certified Application Developer – Web Content Manager