Xavier has over 20 years of experience in the field of software and platform engineering, implementing solutions for areas of human resources, executive career development, strategic planning and e-commerce among diverse industries, including agriculture, health and transportation.
He is involved in the infrastructure, systems integration and performance optimization streams of most projects for Base22 clients, setting-up platforms like Liferay and WebSphere. He’s also in charge of overseeing Base22 internal initiatives of productivity systems, telecommunications, network infrastructure and business continuity.
- Infrastructure and systems integration architect for a next generation website project, implementing Liferay DXP in the dual role of public dot-com website and a B2C extranet serving 30,000+ members. The application integrates with a custom .NET application developed by the client in-house, and leverages an OpenID Connect SSO pattern for the organization’s members.
- Design and development of the search feature for the B2B portal of a global construction and agriculture equipment company, serving more than 8,000 partners and over 70,000 unique users in 11 different languages. The solution integrates a custom application with an Apache Solr engine and IBM WCM.
- Solution architect in the development and implementation of a global agriculture equipment manufacturer’s intranet. This web content management system and corporate portal was built on Microsoft SharePoint Server, and is available in 16 languages for more than 17,000 users.
- Led the implementation of a workflow automation system at a state government agency, with the purpose of tracking a specific population’s health-care benefits. The system is used by various call-center teams and features real-time escalation strategies, triggering of communications for outreach and reporting.
- Led the engineering efforts during the design and proof of concept phases of the new-generation intranet portal for a multinational building materials company. The solution integrates IBM WebSphere Portal, WCM and Connections.
- Lead developer of an enterprise-class B2B web application for a global HR management and assessment firm.
Skills and Expertise
- Software engineering
- Design and development for mobile platforms
- Web content management systems
- Networking and infrastructure
- IBM Certified Application Developer – Web Content Manager