Luke is an experienced enterprise solution architect and also leads our performance tuning efforts for our enterprise clients. Luke also acts as Base22’s IT Director.
Prior to joining Base22, Luke spent more than 12 years as a software engineer for IBM. He was the principle developer of the personalization engine used in IBM WebSphere Portal. Recently, Luke was a member of an elite team of IBM software engineers who worked with IBM’s largest clients to solve complex technical challenges.
- UPS – lead architect and developer for translations project to support the globalization of UPSers.com from an authoring and end user experience
- Kemper – solution architect for Kemper.com project to ensure proper installation and performance of all portal systems
- Avery Dennison – performance tuning
- Neiman Marcus – developed tool for exporting WCM Content to PDF
- World Bank – Developed prototype for intranet project that integrated SiteMinder login with RememberMe functionality in portal to personalize portlets and theme based on the logged in/remembered user without requiring true login until a protected resource is accessed.
- Caterpillar – architect and Web Experience Factory (WEF) developer on Advanced Condition Monitoring project that integrated machine statistics into charts in WEF portlets as well as other internal applications surfaced through Web Application Bridge
- Patrimonio – developed a migration tool for migrating PDM documents into WCM 7
- National Australia Bank – Review and analysis of personalization implementation and performance of overall portal and personalization functionality.
- Prisa – Personalization SME on PoC for external site using WCM and inferred user attributes based on previous click stream
- Walmart – developed a post filtering solution to support Walmart’s needs to personalize based on 14 user attributes but retain the performance of utilizing cached results across users.
- Michelin – developed personalization solution for the Michelin intranet
- Nissan – project support for personalization, WCM and JCR
- Harrah’s – developed personalization solution for their Total Rewards Member site
- Java, J2EE, EJB, XML, JDBC, JSP, JCR
- Performance Tuning
- Ant, C++, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, Jazz,
- SQL, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server,
- Derby, Eclipse, WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere Portal, Web Content Manager, Web Experience Factory
- Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows
- IBM Certified Application Developer – IBM Workplace Web Content Management