Anson Call is an experienced systems architect with a focus on technical infrastructure and IBM’s WebSphere products. He has more than ten years of experience spanning multiple versions of the IBM family of enterprise technology platforms.
Anson specializes in WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, troubleshooting, and automation. This includes the installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server on distributed platforms, installation and configuration of Portal, as well as troubleshooting a variety of enterprise application problems. Additional specialties include performance tuning for Java, the OS and other parts of the WebSphere Application Server environment, as well as scripting, build, and automation skills leveraging IBM and open source tools.
He has implemented and supported enterprise software platforms at some of IBM’s largest enterprise clients. Anson has worked across a number of industries including insurance, retail, automotive, financial services, public sector and professional services.
- Health Insurance Company – Infrastructure Lead and Training for deploying multiple B2C/B2B portals
- Global Ag and Construction Industry Company – Developer Lead for product finder application enhancement
- Top 5 Retailer and Fortune 500 darling – WebSphere Commerce Infrastructure Architect
- Global Staffing Placement Corporation – WebSphere Portal Architect
- Large Insurance, Vacation, and Emergency Services Provider – WebSphere Portal Architect and DevOps
- Sports and Outdoors Retailer – WebSphere Commerce and Performance Engineer
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance – WebSphere Portal Architect and Performance
- Financial Group for Insurance and Financial Services – WebSphere Portal Architect and DevOps
- Global Financial Services Company – DevOps and WebSphere Application Server Automation
- Commission for a State Government – WebSphere Portal Infrastructure Architect
- Large Insurance Firm – WebSphere Portal Performance Specialist
- Global Automotive Corporation – WebSphere Portal Infrastructure Architect
- Top 20 US Investment Firm – WebSphere Portal Infrastructure Architect
- Large Insurance Firm – WebSphere/WebSphere Portal Infrastructure Architect
- Large Employee Benefit Firm – WebSphere/WebSphere Portal Infrastructure Architect
- World’s Largest Retail Organization – WebSphere/WebSphere Portal Administrator
- WebSphere Portal Server 4.2, 5.x, 6.x, 7.0, and 8.x
- Web Content Manager (WCM) 5.1, 6.x, 7.0, and 8.x
- WebSphere Application Server v4.0, 5.x, 6.x, 7.0, 8.x Base and Network Deployment
- WebSphere XD, WebSphere Virtual Enterprise
- Web Servers – IBM HTTP Server v6.x, 7.0, 8.x / Apache 2.x
- DevOps – Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere (RAF), Buildforge, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven
- WebSphere Commerce v6.0, v70
- Performance Testing – IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) v8.x and HP LoadRunner v9.5, v11
- Unix Shell Scripting – sh/bash/ksh/python
- Websphere Admin scripting (wsadmin) – JACL/TCL, Jython/Python
- Linux Admin – RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server, Ubuntu 12.04 – 16.04, Fedora
- Unix Admin – AIX 5.x and 6.1
- Other Sys Admin – OS X, Windows
Other Technical Skills
- Enterprise Security – Microsoft Active Directory, Tivoli Directory Server, Tivoli Access Manager (TAM), WebSEAL, Siteminder, Custom single-sign on integration with WAS
- Databases – Oracle, DB2, Informix, Cloudscape and MySQL DBMS
- Java – JSP, Servlets, JDBC, SQL, JNDI, IBM Rational Application Developer
- Other Development – XML, ANT, Python, Maven
- Beginner/Researcher – Android SDK, Algorithmic Securities Trading (Quantopian, Interactive Brokers API)
- WebSphere Portal Server v8.0, Deployment and Administration
- WebSphere Application Server v7.0 Network Deployment, Core Administration.
- WebSphere Portal Server v7.0, Certified System Administrator and Certified Advanced System Administrator
- WebSphere Portal Server v6.1, Deployment and Administration.
- WebSphere Application Server 6.0 Network Deployment and Core Administration.
- Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere (RAFW)
- AIX 6.1 Basic Operations