Alejandro is Base22’s Service Delivery Director and a member of Base22’s leadership team. He is responsible for the quality of Base22’s client service delivery as well as the professional development of our consulting professionals. He brings more than 20 years of experience in Information technology services and has worked with a number of Fortune 500 corporations. Alejandro has managed service delivery in very complex enterprise environments with significant emphasis on client service and project delivery. He has led and developed high-performance teams from 3 to 200, achieving high levels of client satisfaction working with and for global, multinational organizations. Alejandro is a pragmatic executive who thinks clearly and solves problems.
Alejandro management experience includes Strategic Leadership, Service Operations, Delivery, Management, Disaster Recovery and Project Management. His service delivery credentials encompass ISO20000/ITIL v3 framework and PMO best practices.
Alejandro holds a B.S in Computer Science and an MBA from the University of Cumbria.
His background and experience combined with his passion for serving Base22 clients will be key to our continued growth and success.
- Service Delivery Management
- People Development
- Global PMO
- Organizational Leadership
- Service Strategy
- End user experience and support
- ITIL® v3
- ITIL® v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- ITIL® v3 Service Capability – Operational Support & Analysis (OSA)
- Harvard Manage Mentor®
- MCITP – Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Enterprise Desktop Support
- MCSA – Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- MCTS – Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
Current responsibilities at Base22
- Project Management Discipline: Responsible for the Base22 Project Management Excellence
- Establishes the standards for project management – minimum requirements, templates, reporting and communication
- Coordinates project leaders and project managers activities to improve production quality, efficiency, and capacity.
- Estimating Discipline: Provides leadership and support for new business opportunities. Takes an active role in bids and support the transition and implementation of new business.
- Supports the development of estimating tools and methods
- Active in providing pricing scenarios for business opportunities and proposals
- Reviews estimates and SOW’s for completeness
- Resource Planning: Manages resource allocation across service delivery projects
- Allocates resources as appropriate and creates requisition for new resources based on capacity forecast
- Actively involved with providing input and managing the capacity forecast
- Responsible for the process of recruitment, hiring and onboarding new staff members.
- Oversees the integration of all service delivery units and continuously improves the quality and inter-working of the whole virtual service team, including other service partners and suppliers to ensure a seamless end-to-end delivery of service for clients.
- Quality Control: Periodically reviews deliverables to ensure they meet proper quality standards defined by SME’s
- Requests standards (templates) for deliverables as needed and seeks to close any gaps
- Provides review oversight for compliance prior to issuing to client
- Client Satisfaction: Provides a focus for Service Level Promise (SLP) management and customer satisfaction.
- Assures proper SLP’s and client satisfaction measures exist for each engagement as appropriate
- Ensures the information systems and the review structure for SLP compliance and client satisfaction are in place and effectively used.
- Service Delivery Enablement: Refines the Base22 Service Delivery Management method to accommodate solutions, product and client environment changes.
- Work with the technical teams to ensure all best practices for development are properly established and implemented.
- Works with the Manager of Internal I.T. to ensure robust tools and, where relevant, technological platforms are in place to support customers and the best service solutions.
- Maintains up to date documentation of the responsibilities, policies, and procedures embodied in the role to codify the company standards and quality attributes that are necessary for continued success and succession of this role.
- Continuously advances personal knowledge and growth in this professional role through open-minded study and by deliberately engaging in activities for the purpose of obtaining higher education, greater insight, and new ideas.
- Build, setup, implement and run a Project Management Office (PMO), based on PMI processes, aligned with strategic and sales goals for the organization accomplishing 90% EBITDA and 96% Revenue in 2014 Financial results.
- Build, setup, implement and run a Service Delivery Management team based on ITIL v3 processes, aligning and balancing customer’s needs within the company, achieving successful service delivery and client satisfaction, generating more than 10M USD annually in new business development from existing customers.
- Planning, execution, and implementation of a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Company Conversion Program within time, scope, and budget translated into tax savings more than 10B USD.
- Ensure programs and projects are implemented and managed, according to plan, on time, on budget, within contractual scope, adequate resources, risk management, quality measures, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring overall performance of operational services, successful service delivery according to contractual SLA´s achievement.
- Ensure change requests to actual services are properly managed, documented and implemented.
- Manages allocation of resources based on company priorities. Responsible for creating and maintaining a high-performing team for effective project and service delivery.
- Responsible to provide leadership, vision, and management to the team.
- Work closely with our customers and senior executives to assess and respond quickly to change in priorities.
- Lead departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for employees.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and mentoring, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all personnel.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for new employees.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.