Cemex: A World-Class Platform
for Global Business
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. They produce, distribute, and sell cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials in more than 50 countries, and CEMEX maintains trade relationships in approximately 102 nations.
As part of their long-term business engagement, in 2018 Base22 developed and migrated to Liferay DXP three public websites of CEMEX’s business units: United Kingdom (https://www.cemex.co.uk), Poland (https://www.cemex.pl) and Germany (https://www.cemex.de).
These individual projects required a unique approach: a combination of standard guidelines and components that would be employed in the digital experience platform by all the European projects (such as UX/UI design, modules, and DXP functionalities), with bespoke interventions for SEO, Information Architecture and development, tailored to the business needs of each country/project.
- Content audits and SEO implementation as part of the content migration, including enhancement of URLs and redirection efforts
- On-site Information Architecture workshops with UK, Germany, and Poland stakeholders
- Development of REST services, a map module, and a performance solution for API calls
- Development in Liferay DXP of a concrete calculator application previously build in the previous CMS (open to the public), in both simple and advanced modalities
- Creation of training material, videos, and custom resources for an international audience to ensure change management